PT Gets an Update

Filed on Sunday, January 25, 2009 under:

I finally got around to overhauling my train site, and it is friggin' GORGEOUS, if I do say so myself. The stock template I used is beautiful in and of itself, but I just spent the past week making a ton of improvements on it that I am quite happy with. These range from adding a formatted date header (which the stock template lacked), to tweaking the behavior of the links, adjusting the top menu so that it is aligned properly in IE, adding a subtle 275 x 1 pixel separator between each post, adding a 1 pixel border around the photos, and on and on... If you look, you'll see that I also made that last adjustment to this site, as well -- it's just a simple little piece of code that you add to the CSS portion of the site's source code, but it makes all the difference in the world in the appearance of the photos. Fun stuff!

You know, now that I look at this site again, I can see that I'm going to have to do something with it, as well. I can't stand the fact that there is virtually no padding between the post titles and the post text... it's just little things like that that drive me NUTS!

P.S. Click on that pic of crazy old Merle down below, and you'll see that it opens in a pop-up window. That's another little trick that I just learned. This computer stuff is great! {:-)

| Email post:
edit post

0 Reply to "PT Gets an Update"